Tebogo Msimanga |
Six accused are expected to reappear before the Molopo Magistrates’ Court in Mmabatho on Thursday, 18 August 2022. They made their first appearance in court last week Friday.
The men, who are between the ages of 41 and 69 were arrested on 10 August 2022, for charges of kidnapping, murder, assault with the intent to do grievous bodily harm and common assault.
North West Police Spokesperson Colonel Adéle Myburgh said the suspects were arrested in connection with the assault of four men who were accused of stock theft in Makgobistad. “The incident took place between Sunday, 7 and Monday, 8 August 2022”
Myburg said according to reports received, police were called out to an unused garage in Makgobistad on Monday, where the body of Makau Jacob Mafethe (53) was discovered with multiple wounds all over his body. “Three more injured men were found and taken to hospital for medical treatment”. Myburg said an investigations by police led to the arrest of six accused as follows:
Meanwhile, the Provincial Commissioner of North West, Lieutenant General Sello Kwena, warned the community not to take the law into their own hands. He also thanked the Makgobistad Detectives for their meticulous investigations that led to the arrests.