Hlokomelo Mabogale |
A 29-year old woman is expected to appear before the Vereeniging Magistrate Court on Thursday, 01 October. She is facing murder charge after taking two lives of a six-year old boy and an eight-year old girl in Orange Farm.
The lifeless bodies of two kids were found metres apart in the early hours of Saturday morning, 19 September 2020. The kids were reported missing at the Orange Farm Police Station and just after few hours of that report, they were found allegedly murdered.
The alleged perpetrator was arrested in Soweto. The provincial police spokesperson Brigadier Mathapelo Peters said “The investigation on Friday 25 September 2020 led police to Soweto where the woman was found and arrested on suspicion of being involved in the murder of the boy and the girl.”
The arrested woman is again finding herself at the wrong hand of the South African law. She was previously arrested for coming into the country illegally and she was further arrested for another murder of a seven-year old boy who was her neighbour, after the child’s body was found in her house.
Peters said the boy had been reported missing earlier in the day on 15 April 2020, and the search led to the woman’s house where the child’s body was found and she was released from custody on 16 September 2020, three days before the murder of the two children.